Tired of Blah Pork Flavor…?
Woodlot Raised Pork, Halves and Whole
Last year we tried a few woodlot raised hogs and they were a great success. This year we are offering them up to anyone who would like a whole or half hog.
- Our pigs are old time heritage breed pigs, with marbling in the meat and lots of flavor.
- The flavor of the meat is enhanced by the foraging that the pigs do in the woods on roots, plants, and fruits and nuts from trees.
- Our feed is a non-corn, barley-based feed to give the meat a firmer texture and more flavor.
- Pigs average 60-75 lbs. per half.
- Price is $2.50 per pound plus processing.
- The pigs will be processed at Lonsdale Country Meats in July
- The processing is custom, so you get the cuts that you want, and how you want them.
- There is a $50 non-refundable deposit per half
Place your order now in the store